Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540 + 3 Pro 4 Cams Offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MisterG1
Follower
Follower

All of my cams recently show offline.  The app shows my hub as being online, but it is flashing orange led.  I’ve tried the listed troubleshooting steps, but I cannot get these things online.   Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Have you power cycled the hub?

Has your ISP or router changed?

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Hub is online, cameras refuse to connect whether I use the hub or try to connect without the hub. I have reset both the cameras and the hub several times.

I also spoke with tech support on the phone. They recommended I check to see that ports 443 and 80 are not blocked. Done. Neither is blocked.

This is a system problem on Arlo's side. I am calling tech support again to follow up after my port scans and the discovery of yet another user who's camera's suddenly quit.

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Streak2, see my post below. On Saturday there were users in Australia who had this problem. Somehow they managed to reconnect. I am in Costa Rica and still can't find a solution.

I run two Arlo systems here. Each is on a different ISP.  My older system running Pro 2 cameras on a five-year-old hub is working fine. In my other system, all 7 of my cameras disconnected on Thursday. I have reset hubs and cameras multiple times (and on the phone with tech support) and still can't connect.

I took my hub and cameras to the house with the working system and tried connecting there. No different. The other system continues to work. Now I've scanned the ports that must be open for Arlo. They're open, always have been.

Something went wrong with an app or firmware update IMO. They need to fix it.

mtbinary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

I gave up on the newer VMB4540 base station and reconnected/reset the older VMB4000 station. 

Now my cameras are suddenly registering. No idea why, but they are. I'm not in the mood to reconnect the 4540 to see if it suddenly works too. I'll just go with what works!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation