Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help: suddenly our cameras are recording audio...and running down the batteries! In smart settings we have audio alerts turned off - and only have people and vehicles on. I changed the battery about 6 hours ago with a fully-charged one and it already at 85%. This is new - I don't THINK I've changed any settings that should cause this.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IFM wrote:

Please help: suddenly our cameras are recording audio...and running down the batteries! In smart settings we have audio alerts turned off - and only have people and vehicles on. I changed the battery about 6 hours ago with a fully-charged one and it already at 85%. This is new - I don't THINK I've changed any settings that should cause this.

Did you check the mode, and make sure that audio detection is turned off?  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, audio detection is - and always has been - off. The cameras are recording EVERYTHING, although they are set to record only people and vehicles. I really need a solution...I'm changing batteries every couple days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB asked about your modes and rules, not the Smart Notifications settings. Those are two very different things.

IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry - audio is turned off in both (or at least set to not record in mode) and I don't see a way to filter out animals in mode.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IFM wrote:

Sorry - audio is turned off in both (or at least set to not record in mode) and I don't see a way to filter out animals in mode.

Smart notifications are classified in the cloud, and there are no settings in the mode for them.  So you can't filter out animals. 

Audio on the other hand should be turned off in the mode (if you don't want audio recordings).  You do that by making sure the checkbox is clear (as shown below):

noaudio.png

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation