Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Did I reach an Arlo pro4 scam online?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VLpro4
Follower
Follower

Does Arlo charge a fee to update firmware?. I have a Pro4 and it stopped recording to the library. I did online search and left a text message with Arlo support. An agent who said he was from Arlo called (<redacted>). He wanted me to pay $149 for one year and $250 for life updates. I did not do it but he was able to look into my account. HELP

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@VLpro4 wrote:

Does Arlo charge a fee to update firmware?. I have a Pro4 and it stopped recording to the library. I did online search and left a text message with Arlo support. An agent who said he was from Arlo called. He wanted me to pay $149 for one year and $250 for life updates. I did not do it but he was able to look into my account. HELP

Don't google for Arlo support - that leads you to a scam site.  Arlo does not charge for updates. https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

If you gave him your account credentials (or think he somehow took them), then change the password for the account.

Also provide the details to Arlo (what website you found that support number on, etc) by sending an email to the address in the above link.  Best not to post them here, as that will likely result in others finding them when they google.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @VLpro4

We are aware of third-party companies who claim that they are from Arlo, however they are not associated in any way with Arlo. You may share their info with us and we can forward to our Legal Team to further investigate.

Do you happen to have the website/number you reached?

Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation