Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 dusk to dawn feature setting?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo Pro 3 has dusk to dawn, why is it that a simple dusk to dawn setting is not available on the newest model?  Seems a simple flip switch to have a single unit on dusk to dawn and another from dawn till dusk. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I bought the ARLO PRO 4, so my thought is a quick switch that allows you to program it all devices on or off and for how long like when out of house, or on vacation. 

There are ways to do exactly that.  But they are not called "dawn to dusk" settings.

I suggest you begin by reading these kb articles, they will give you some idea on how the products work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Arlo Pro 3 has dusk to dawn, 

Do you mean the Pro 3 Floodlight?  That does have a setting labeled dusk to dawn - it just allows you to set a brightness threshold for when the floodlight itself will be enabled.  It has nothing to do with enabling the camera itself.

There's a similar setting for the security light (which has no camera).  But not on the normal Pro 3.

I suspect you have a different concept in mind - can you explain more about what you want to accomplish?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes similar to the Arlo Pro 3 (I dont have so dont have any visual on what that looks like) 

I bought the ARLO PRO 4, so my thought is a quick switch that allows you to program it all devices on or off and for how long like when out of house, or on vacation. Or so you can set it from darkness to morning light. 

MODEL ARLO PRO 4   VMC4050P 

dcfox1
Master
Master

The Arlo Pro3 "Floodlight" is different from the Pro3 "spotlight" and Pro4 "spotlight". So they are different concepts as @StephenB  described. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I bought the ARLO PRO 4, so my thought is a quick switch that allows you to program it all devices on or off and for how long like when out of house, or on vacation. 

There are ways to do exactly that.  But they are not called "dawn to dusk" settings.

I suggest you begin by reading these kb articles, they will give you some idea on how the products work.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation