Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
beegee
Guide
Guide

No Power Adapter included!

Take note that Arlo Pro 4 does NOT include a power adapter - just the magnetic lead. No where on current Arlo marketing materials or their Australian resellers websites does it say YOU have to find a power adapter. It does say it by OMISSION, a power adapter is not in the list of “what’s in the box” but a regular consumer would fully expect that a regular way to charge the device is included. This may be a recent change as I have viewed “unboxing” YouTube clips where a plug in power adapter was definitely in the box.

What’s also amazing is that after bringing this concern up with Arlo they reluctantly confirmed that an iPhone power adapter will work. Nowhere is this stated anywhere!

If Arlo is too stingy to include a basic charging method they should at least say so explicity, and then explain the charging alternatives.

After Apple decided to not include a power adapter with recent phones it’s given other companies the right to follow. At least Apple announced this and gave a reason and alternatives.

Be warned.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

)beegee,

Which Arlo Pro 4 kit did you purchase? You should see a sku on the bottom of the box. (example - VMC4350P)

JamesC

beegee
Guide
Guide
VMC4050P-100AUS
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I use a Belkin 18 watt charger which charges faster and is also Qualcomm quick charge compatible as some devices use that too. If you purchase a bigger camera set Arlo provide a charger, its really stingy of Arlo but as you will find out these cameras are more like toys than security devices, the image quality for 2k is not great, night vision is not as good as say the Arlo Go which is only 720P but it has more than two infrared LED's I think though I could be wrong, also that camera has local storage and runs on a sim card and battery.

I would send this back and look at a proper home wired system if you want reliability and not to have to pop that battery out every time your internet goes down, Arlo tried to fix this but it has not worked and they seem to not care as long as they milk the cash cow for expensive but cheaply made devices (the front plastic is so soft looking at it scratches it)  Better image quality and better support can be found elsewhere.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation