Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Smart detection settings are ignored

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lostviking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro 4 camera's and that wasn't even in the list above.

I pay for the Smart service.

I have been having the same problem since I purchased the camera's, but previously was blaming the AI. 

I have used both Web interface and Android app to make sure that all of my camera's are set to ONLY detect people, however they all detect, record and notify me of everything. The AI is correctly identifying what it is, ie an animal, but even though the AI knows it is not a person, I still get 10 or 20 notifications some days for my cat on the indoor camera's and some random stray cat on the outside camera.

The app settings and web settings are being ignored. What am I paying for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud fix for this issue has been released and you should be seeing the results of the fix now. You may need to remove and reapply activity zones and toggle your smart alerts now that the fix is available. Please let us know if you are still seeing inaccurate smart alerts and/or motion being detected outside your activity zones.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Lostviking,

Toggling off Arlo Smart alerts will not suppress recordings, only alerts. If you're receiving Smart alerts for settings that are toggled off, try toggling the alert on and off again, reboot the camera, wait 30 minutes and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

4 REPLIES 4
Lostviking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Didn't see Arlo Pro 4 the first time, did when I edited, but forgot to remove that comment.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lostviking,

Toggling off Arlo Smart alerts will not suppress recordings, only alerts. If you're receiving Smart alerts for settings that are toggled off, try toggling the alert on and off again, reboot the camera, wait 30 minutes and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Lostviking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish that was true, but I've been getting notifications when the sun shines brighter and it "detects motion". I've rarely been so dissatified with a product. Your software is crap. I wish it worked as well as the hardware.

Additionally today I started getting notifications for things WAY outside the activity zone. While I was using the Android app, and also when I logged into the web site...I kept being told that AC power had been disconnected from my battery powered cameras, and the activity zones were therefore disabled.

You have a lot of work to get this crap useful. If I could get my money back I'd leave work just to drive home and package all three of the camera's up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud fix for this issue has been released and you should be seeing the results of the fix now. You may need to remove and reapply activity zones and toggle your smart alerts now that the fix is available. Please let us know if you are still seeing inaccurate smart alerts and/or motion being detected outside your activity zones.

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation