Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pmsimon
Guide
Guide

I have three cameras, all plugged in, showing full battery charge. One camera will not connect, shows it trying to connect and then times out. Was working fine, purchased 2 1/2 months ago. WiFi signal is strong. This particular camera is literally 2ft from the router. All the other cameras connect fine.  Checked the version on app 3.0 last updated 2/5/2021. I am not at the location of where the cameras are, so cannot troubleshoot the cameras until i go there. A 3 hour drive, that is why i got the cameras in the first place. I have tried on the app and on my browser, my sister is having the same issues on her app and browser. I logged out and logged back in, turned my phone off and on. I have and Iphone, can someone help????

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose the close proximity to the router could be an issue but without being there to move it can't be sure. It's also possible it's a faulty camera but again...

Pmsimon
Guide
Guide

So all of a sudden the camera connected fine. Now another one is trying to connect but just spins and spins. Been stuck on image from a day ago. They are all plugged in,, and the wireless router is 25ft away. When i am watching live video it is choppy and sometimes the video isn’t catching everything. A car pulled in and only seen it after it was parked. No video in my library. My zones are all set to capture. Not sure why that happened 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This really sounds like a signal issue, strength and/or quality. You'll have to be present to figure this out.

Pmsimon
Guide
Guide
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That doesn't mean the quality is good.

Pmsimon
Guide
Guide

Will taking the battery out and putting it back help?

dcfox1
Master
Master

It will reboot the cam so worth a try. It fixes many quirks but can't say for sure since it may be a signal issue like jguerdat said. Have you moved the camera that is 2 feet away from the router farther away by a couple feet as suggested also. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation