Adding an Arlo 4 to an Arlo 3 Account

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nankivell
Follower
Follower
I am installing 3 Arlo 3 cameras with base station to my remote house. I also want to place an Arlo 4 camera (because it does not need a Base Station) to a storage building that is about 250 feet from the main house. I can get internet to that storage building. I would like to have one account so that I can check all four cameras from the same account. Is that possible? Or alternatively, is there a way to get a 4th Arlo 3 camera connected to the Base Station from a distance of about 250 feet?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nankivell wrote:
 I would like to have one account so that I can check all four cameras from the same account. Is that possible? 

Yes.  You can have multiple base stations and a mix of wifi-connected cameras and base station-connected cameras in the same account.

@Nankivell wrote:
Or alternatively, is there a way to get a 4th Arlo 3 camera connected to the Base Station from a distance of about 250 feet?

Arlo says max of 300 feet line of sight, but that is assuming no walls blocking the signal.  250 feet might work - the only way to know is to try it.  You could see what wifi speeds you get with your mobile phone (connecting to your home wifi) at the garage.

If you can connect internet to the garage, you could try putting a base station there.  It isn't designed for outdoor use, so outdoor temperature extremes could be a problem.  But you'd potentially have same problem with any wifi AP you'd be installing there.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nankivell wrote:
 I would like to have one account so that I can check all four cameras from the same account. Is that possible? 

Yes.  You can have multiple base stations and a mix of wifi-connected cameras and base station-connected cameras in the same account.

@Nankivell wrote:
Or alternatively, is there a way to get a 4th Arlo 3 camera connected to the Base Station from a distance of about 250 feet?

Arlo says max of 300 feet line of sight, but that is assuming no walls blocking the signal.  250 feet might work - the only way to know is to try it.  You could see what wifi speeds you get with your mobile phone (connecting to your home wifi) at the garage.

If you can connect internet to the garage, you could try putting a base station there.  It isn't designed for outdoor use, so outdoor temperature extremes could be a problem.  But you'd potentially have same problem with any wifi AP you'd be installing there.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation