Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DougDangger
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found a fatal flaw in the IOS app for the Arlo Pro 3.

That flaw is when your session ends and you need to login to start a session.  Naturally you sign in and a PIN is requested to be texted to you via sms.  On my iPhone, when I switch to imessage to retrieve the pin and jump back on the Arlo app, it then tells me that I need to get a PIN.  By switching again to get a PIN, I then switch back to the Arlo app to enter the PIN, only it will not let me.

This loop happens again and again until your account gets temporarily locked.  You have to wait for it to be unlocked.

Here's where that is unacceptable.  This morning I heard a loud crash in my yard.  I wanted to look at my Arlo app to check things out.  Well I couldn't because what I described above happened.  Thank God the sound I heard was nothing serious.  Had it been serious, Arlo's product flaw would have rendered their product useless.

I hope there is a fix to this.  Completely and utterly unacceptable.  Very very disappointed.

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

For 2FA have you made your phone a trusted device? You wont have to do what you are doing. Or just turn 2FA off. 

DougDangger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  That worked.

However I still would like to have TFA.  I know such capabilities work with other camera systems.  All I'm doing is switching between apps so I don't know why Arlo would automatically invalidate a session that I just authenticated literally 3 seconds ago.

I hope they fix this or at least provide a logical explanation on why it's this way.

Thanks again!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@DougDangger wrote:

Thank you.  That worked.

However I still would like to have TFA.  I know such capabilities work with other camera systems.  All I'm doing is switching between apps so I don't know why Arlo would automatically invalidate a session that I just authenticated literally 3 seconds ago.

I hope they fix this or at least provide a logical explanation on why it's this way.

Thanks again!

If you just background and not close the App it should not log you out that fast. If you or someone else logs in on another device it will log you out. 

DougDangger
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am switching app on my iphone, not closing and reopening.

It isn't like this on my Android device.

This leads me to believe that the fault is with the Arlo app on IOS.

I don't know if Arlo will assign their engineers to fix this for just me.  It would be nice to see on their next update of their IOS app.

Right now I'm using it without TFA.  I'll live  🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation