Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why Motion sensitivity reverts to 80%? If it’s only for test how is it used?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scmoxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried adjusting the motion sensitivity under the utility option. No matter what number I selected it reverts back to 80%. After lot and lots of attempts it will stay at 100%. What’s up with this? I KNOW that the sensitivity setting is also under mode which does stay at 100%. My question is this..If the sensitivity default is set at 80%, why is it even there? Utility means, utilize.

if the cameras positioning can be set using utility, why can’t sensitivity?

if this option is no good, why not remove it from the app to prevent so much frustration??? ARLO isn’t cracked up to be what the hype made it to be.

My cameras are anchored into the brick with an ARLO anchor which sets 15-20’ off the ground. When they say reset, that for me means finds the tallest ladder and lug it around to reset multiple cameras. I think “they” think everyone has posted them under the patios and porches! Sooo frustrated with these! In order for them to work properly YOU MUST have the “perfect senecio” set up with “Everything”!!!  I should have invested a little more money to have a professional wired installation surveillance! It would save all the hassle, headaches and the loss of time!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scmoxy wrote:

I have tried adjusting the motion sensitivity under the utility option. No matter what number I selected it reverts back to 80%. After lot and lots of attempts it will stay at 100%. What’s up with this? I KNOW that the sensitivity setting is also under mode which does stay at 100%. 

The motion sensitivity test is just a test.  It lets you try out settings, so you can figure out what you want. Once you know the setting, you need to apply it in the mode(s).

One reason for this - many people have multiple modes that use different thresholds.  For instance, if they have pets in the yard they might want a less sensitive setting during the day, and a more sensitive setting at night (when the pets are inside).

Scmoxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your reply has no rank.

I have tried adjusting the motion sensitivity under the utility option. No matter what number I selected it reverts back to 80%. After lot and lots of attempts it will stay at 100%. What’s up with this? I KNOW that the sensitivity setting is also under mode which does stay at 100%. My question is this..If the sensitivity default is set at 80%, why is it even there? Utility means, utilize.

if the cameras positioning can be set using utility, why can’t sensitivity?

if this option is no good, why not remove it from the app to prevent so much frustration??? ARLO isn’t cracked up to be what the hype made it to be.

My cameras are anchored into the brick with an ARLO anchor which sets 15-20’ off the ground. When they say reset, that for me means finds the tallest ladder and lug it around to reset multiple cameras. I think “they” think everyone has posted them under the patios and porches! Sooo frustrated with these! In order for them to work properly YOU MUST have the “perfect senecio” set up with “Everything”!!!  I should have invested a little more money to have a professional wired installation surveillance! It would save all the hassle, headaches and the loss of time!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Scmoxy wrote:

I KNOW that the sensitivity setting is also under mode which does stay at 100%.

The only sensistivity setting that matters is the one in the mode.  The one in the test is only applied during the test.

The default setting in the mode is actually 80, not 100.  But of course you can edit it as you wish.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation