Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
CCcam
Initiate
Initiate

So excited that I installed my new 4 camera set today.  They went up during the daylight and worked great.  With the night vision however, I’m getting a tunnel vision halo effect on three of the four.  Any ideas if this is common with the infra red bouncing off near by objects?  (Eaves, branches, etc.)

6 REPLIES 6
NicoleM
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue... thought it might be because if the covers I bought to keep rain droplets if the lens but that’s not it. I have 3 cameras doing this- all in vastly different locations pointing different directions with different surroundings.
Moon is very bright tonight... not sure if that is contributing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots for suggestions.

Wboomer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same issue with night vision. It worked great for the first week but now has a white halo around the picture. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, post screenshots.

CCcam
Initiate
Initiate

For me it was a combination of things.  1) The Wasserstein silicon covers with “sunroof” were a huge factor. IMO that sunroof feature is worthless.  I cut the sunroof off the cover and saw an immediate improvement.  2) In the pic I posted you will notice a few branches.  I found that any object like that within a few feet of the camera lens seems to enhance the problem.  I saw the same thing with another camera mounted under the eves on my house.  A section of white trim was causing the halo as well.  I trimmed the branches and repositioned the camera on the house.  Now all seem to be working fine.  

NicoleM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Issue was the housing and the little over hang it had to keep rain off the lens. Took it off and problem was resolved!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation