Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3: Trouble Getting Support Response for Technical problem

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TRK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone else having trouble getting replies from Arlo support. I have been in communication with them for a few weeks. I supplied pretty detailed information in an initial request, the reply asked for more but also (perhaps automated) seemed to not take in what i had already said. I replied back, and have now heard nothing for a couple weeks or so (including one more note from me to the effect of "hello, please respond"). I hate processing charge-backs, but I'm under warrantee and may have to if I can;t get them to respond. The issue with the camera, which is not really my issue in this question, is that the contact between the phone and the charger is not working (tried multiple chargers, its the phone). 

6 REPLIES 6
aingle
Tutor
Tutor

I've had a similar problem with their support. I don't believe adding follow-up notes actually works at all.

I've had a problem with one of my camera's since day 1 and have to create at least 4 new support cases, and reference the old support cases to get any step forward so you might try that. Also, their Chat service seems to have the best response/wait time in my experience, but again, their site doesn't work correctly, and you can't even save the transcript of the chat without using a 3rd party method. Extremely basic and rookie web development...

TERRIBLE support so far and very disappointing experience.

Like you, I'm half tempted just to box it all back up and take it back to the retailer for a refund.

KatrinaBelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi yes Ive been waiting most of the day to get through, and then when I did the call was ended by the Agent.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please reach out to me in a private message with your support ticket number and I will escalate and request a status update on your case.

JamesC

TRK
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

I'm going to hold off on sending a private message. I thank you for that offer. But I think we should process this all here for the benefit of the entire audience. Shortly after my post I received a reply. I assumed it was because I surfaced here. I will follow that chain directly. However, the recommended next steps in the request are clearly completely misaligned to my previous messages and problem definition. And they are asking again for the same annoying-to-get info (serial numbers, dates of purchase, etc...all provided already). It feels like the service function is trying to to grind me down, repeatedly having me take the camera down from an outside wall mount and run through a series of steps: resynching, battery changing, etc . Perhaps I am misreading it. But I will update this thread as I go. 

I'll also provide more info on my problem here, so people can judge for themselves if the service approach is aligned with the problem itself. The problem is that the charger does not sit flush at the battery connection, so it does not charge unless I brace it between two books or something to maintain pressure. This is not feasible when mounted on an outside wall and connected to a charger. I have tried multiple chargers, which work with other cameras (I have 3). All chargers work with all other cameras. I have switched batteries between cameras to the same conclusion (this was kabuki for the service area, this step was requested but had no diagnostic value). The first set of suggestions included switching batteries between cameras and some other things. I completed them all and they all validated my assessment in my original message. Now I am being asked to undertake at least six additional steps, some with substeps, that I cannot imagine will change the assessment (e.g. they are focused on determining if my battery is dead and the unit synched. The battery is not dead, never has been. The camera is synched because all other functions work. ). I will do these things and post an update here. If I am wrong I will eat crow in heaping mouthfuls. If I am right I will update on how service continues in this effort.

Really, James, thank you. You are only standing where your company asked you to.

TRK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Right after I sent the above I got an email that I 'earned a badge.' "Wow, you've made your first reply, Congratulations!." James, if you can do anything for me, please disable that. It does the opposite of help.

Maybe I'll get another badge right after I send this.

TRK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update to the above. I was contacted by yet another agent on July 1. They asked very similar diagnostioc questions to the prior two as well as for the same purchase information (date, serial number, merchant....) for the third time. I responded by July 8, I believe (but cannot verify because no on-line log is provided for service submissions). I have not heard back and it is now July 24. I have given up and have submitted a charge-back process with my credit card issuer.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation