Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TheFam
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Pro 3 will be arriving this week and I’m hoping somebody can recommend the best mount to be used with the magnetic charging cable. I’d like to connect the camera and not worry about charging. Also - do I still need to use the battery when using the magnetic charging cable?
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy threaded mount will work - the thread is the standard 1/4"-20 one that almost everyone uses. Arlo sells some and I've bought cheap ones from Amazon.

When using the AC power cord, the battery isn't necessary but does allow the camera to work during any power outage. Be sure to also use a UPS for your modem, router and hub for the same reason.

TheFam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m guessing you’d use one in the Arlo hub if in another location in the house too.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheFam wrote:
I’m guessing you’d use one in the Arlo hub if in another location in the house too.

What are you talking about here? The original questions were about the mount and battery/charging cable.

TheFam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Either way, none of the Arlo outdoor mounts really offer a space for the magnetic charging cable to come from under the unit.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Start with the location, the place where you want to put the camera.

Then find something that is easy to put in place. As @jguerdat says, anything with the same sort of screw thread that holds a camera will work. Arlo sells various options, but there are hundreds of alternatives out there.

Here is one example of the sort of thing you can use.

41NBEfHGulL

I like them because the are sturdy and easily removed. They also clip nicely on to a shelf.

Also bear in mind the location and its exposure to the elements. There have been complaints about corrosion on the Arlo mounts. Few things will shrug off all corrosion, but some materials rust more quickly than others.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dcfox1
Master
Master

@michaelkenward  where did you find the clip on mount I could use that. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dcfox1 wrote:

@michaelkenward  where did you find the clip on mount I could use that. 

Amazon UK.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dcfox1
Master
Master

@michaelkenward thanks .  I bought the clip on mount from amazon us. It works really well in a lot of areas. Works nice on a deck railing without screws. 

TheFam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please share a link? I want one too.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TheFam  If it the link doesn't work I searched outdoor camera mounts on amazon US.  It was actually more sturdy then I thought it may be. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9TNSCD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TheFam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Ordered!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dcfox1 wrote:

It was actually more sturdy then I thought it may be. 

That's my take. The version I bought could carry much more weight than a camera. And the strength of the spring means that you could use it as a weapon. Fierce.

Great value for money in comparison with Arlo's mounts.

Just another user
gwiz88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went for the Panavise outdoor mount for Arlo pro 2 cameras. I would highly recommend it. After a year out in the cold weather it is holding up really well (photo attached). No signs of rust or anything. The mount is really nice quality and a solid feel. The screw cover is made in flexible rubber. Super easy to mount and adjust. Link here to model:

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation