Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
David100
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone know why my cameras are suddenly just recording for just one or two seconds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

David100,

Within your active mode, you can adjust the length of the recording so that it's fixed or until motion stops. If you would prefer a fixed length, edit your active mode or create a custom mode and define the rules accordingly.

For more information, see here: How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the hub. If still a problem, the frequent issue is signal strength/quality is causing the video to stop.

David100
Tutor
Tutor

I did a restart , I'll try a hard reboot at home. Thanks for the reply.

David100
Tutor
Tutor

Still having issues with one or two second recordings, even after rebooting. Cameras are basically taking snapshots. If anyone else is encountering this please let me know. Maybe the next "update" they do will help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

David100,

What does the signal strength indicator show for the cameras?

JamesC

David100
Tutor
Tutor

Appears to be good. Sometimes they will record longer. I've had this system for over a month and this just started last week.

On the old system you could adjust how long you want to record when tripped. I don't guess there is a way to do that on the pro 3.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

David100,

Within your active mode, you can adjust the length of the recording so that it's fixed or until motion stops. If you would prefer a fixed length, edit your active mode or create a custom mode and define the rules accordingly.

For more information, see here: How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

JamesC

David100
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation