Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot choose "Record Locally" for local storage options in Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DanJosef
Aspirant
Aspirant

I previously had local storage working on my Arlo. Today, I formatted the local storage USB and plugged it back in.

Now, I am trying to follow these guidelines to set up local storage with the formatted USB (the same one I was using previously). When I choose Storage Settings for the base station, I see an option for "Record Locally", and I see my formatted USB listed. But the control for "Record Locally" is not active, i.e. I cannot move the toggle from left to right. 

Any tips for how to get this working? I have found other similar reports in the forums but there are no clear solutions that I have been able to find.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DanJosef wrote:

I previously had local storage working on my Arlo. Today, I formatted the local storage USB and plugged it back in.

Size and format?

Tried telling the hub to format the USB? I found that this helped when I had problems.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DanJosef
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I tell the hub to format the USB?

The USB is FAT32 formatted, with 7.19GB. This same USB worked previously.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DanJosef wrote:

The USB is FAT32 formatted, with 7.19GB. This same USB worked previously.

Too small.

A recent firmware update increased the minimum size for USB drives. 16 GB is now the smallest it will use.

How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation