Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VPN support Thailand

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Barryuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to use Pro3 / Pro 4 ca etas in Thailand - I’m wondering if anyone has done this either by using a VPN or otherwise, Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar with Express VPN but it would seem to be true. The key is that everything in the house must use that VPN, at least for setup.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Folks have used a VPN in the past successfully. However, it would need to be a full VPN connection from your network to a VPN server since all devices would need the same connection. A VPN server created by your router won't work.

Barryuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - so if the cameras are connected to the Arlo hub, which then connects to a router with express vpn installed at router level would that work ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar with Express VPN but it would seem to be true. The key is that everything in the house must use that VPN, at least for setup.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Also, the account needs to be created while you are connected to the country you want to subscribe in.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation