Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to charge battery on Arlo Floodlight Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
TCTucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Discovered my battery on Floodlight Pro-3 was discharging even though I had outdoor remote attached and working.  I replaced the outdoor remote with an official Arlo cable.  When accessing device Arlo app shows battery level is too low & to connect a compatible charger.  Battery level is 8%.  I followed ALL the various recommendations on Arlo & Community site to no avail.  Everything from multiple times remove/replace battery, ordered & installed a new Arlo battery. 

Using the original battery - removed and then “add new device” – connect without SmartHub – could not get beyond successful read of QR code. 

Using the new Arlo battery - removed and then “add new device” – connect without SmartHub – steps all indicate success – end result however is Arlo App indicates battery low & need to connect compatible charger (which does not make sense because the new battery is official Arlo and has a charged level in excess of 50%).

Horribly frustrated being unable to work with a human being and very confusing results using the various correction options.  Many of the corrections which failed to fix problem end with “contact Arlo Support”.  Device is less than 90 days old and I have no way to get it operating again.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the Arlo outdoor charger?

The floodlight requires use of a 9 volt charger to charge the battery using the magnetic charging port.  Connecting a 5 volt charger via the indoor magnetic charging cable won't work.

grace060561
Guide
Guide

I know how frustrating it is troubleshooting w/Arlo.  It's like we're all on our own to resolve our issues, can't speak to anyone like we used to be able to & actually I've done so much troubleshooting on my own & getting ideas from others here in the Community  group, that I probably know more than the Arlo dolts that never resolve anything anyway.  The bot you initially get just adds to the frustration & trying to get past it to get to a real person (who even knows if it is) is impossible.  Had my system for 3 1/2 years with many issues.  I'm done & am looking at other products (NOT Arlo).  Good luck with your issue, hope you're able to resolve it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation