Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to Access SD card

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
exrail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot access the SD card, days on end.  I get the message "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is work on this issue.  Try Again."  My question is:   if this is my Base and my 2 cameras, that I purchased and own-outright, as well as my own SD card, with my own wifi, why can't I access my own property?      What good is this set-up?   I have walked through each & every troubleshooting step, to no avail.  (Resetting to factory worked for a little while, but then its back to the same thing.)     I get notifications that it picks up motion, but I'm unable to see it.   What is the flippin point of having this?    It is worthless, not being about to see what has been captured through the app.

I regret this purchase (a gift to my wife Christmas 2020).   It has never worked through stand-alone.   Obviously, it worked 'ok' when I was on a trial Cloud period, but after that, despite all telling me I could use it without a cloud-subscription, it rarely works.  

I know I'm not alone in this complaint.  I've searched the boards & see the same problem.   It's a worthless POS.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

exrail,

Was this previously working at some point or have you never gotten local storage to work? Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed?

JamesC

exrail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, it worked inconsistently but on occasion I was able to view it. After deleting base & reinstalling it, it worked for a short period by then reverted back to unable to access, Try Again Later. (That was a pain & while it was successful for a tad, I hate doing that frequently to work)
exrail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I do have latest app
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation