Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540r3 and H10 local recording not working after trial

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RDeBard
Aspirant
Aspirant

bought an arlo3 pro system with 2  H10 camera / 1 doorbell / 1 smarthub base station.

after the 3 month trial both H10 cameras show "activity zones disable because AC power is disconnected" 

becuase of this the video recordings are not triggered and no longer store on the smarthub's attached USB storage like they used too. 

the cameras never required the power during the trial, and i'd hate to buy a cable to "test" out if they record after i connect power up.

any thoughts on what this might be and if the system will record to local storage after the trial is expired?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Activity zones require either a subscription (which is why they worked during the trial period) or AC power. With a subscription, zones can be checked via the servers while with no sub the camera has to do it, hence the need for external power. Removing the zones will get rid of the messages if you're not going to use one of these solutions.

The zones issue has no bearing on the cloud recordings. As noted in tons of documentation and posts here, a subscription is needed for cloud recordings. That's why you got the initial trial - give you a view of how things work with a sub.

Local recordings are a different issue - I've seen several posts here about the lack of local recordings without a sub. Arlo is going to have to comment on that. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RDeBard,

If you have local storage enabled, recordings should be stored on the attached storage device. Make sure you've set up local storage correctly using the instructions here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

JamesC

RDeBard
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s enabled and -was- working fine until the 3 month trial expired. At that point my cameras are not triggering to log the video. There is a warning on the camera pages showing “AC not connected activity zones disabled”
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RDeBard wrote:
There is a warning on the camera pages showing “AC not connected activity zones disabled”

That's a result of losing the subscription.  There's too much power drain to use the camera's activity zone detection when the cameras are on battery.  The message is telling you that they are disabled because of that.

But if you have a subscription, then the activity zones are processed in the cloud when the camera is on battery. 

@RDeBard wrote:
It’s enabled 

Can you try removing the USB storage, and look for the recordings on the PC?

Also, when you go into the library, in the app are you seeing "cloud" at the top of the screen?  If so, when you press it do you see the option for the base?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation