StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlopro3jersey wrote:

Hi

When trying to subscribe to a plan via the Android app I get the following:

"Subscription

No subscription"

What country are you in? If you are on the island of Jersey, then that might be the problem, as you are not in the UK.

I think this has come up before, but I don't recall the resolution. I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), in case they can help.

arlopro3jersey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am located on the island of Jersey yes, why is this such a problem as the plans are already supported in the UK? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlopro3jersey wrote:

I am located on the island of Jersey yes, why is this such a problem as the plans are already supported in the UK? 

That's more a legal question than a technical one. Jersey is neither in the UK nor in the EU, it is a country in its own right. There's a somewhat similar scenario with US territories - you cannot get an Arlo subscription if you live in Puerto Rico, even though it is part of the US.

But (unlike the situation with US territories), I think support might be able to assist you in getting a subscription.  That is why I tagged the mods.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can find the Where is Arlo Secure available article here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Secure-available

arlopro3jersey
Aspirant
Aspirant

So essentially due to my geographical location the Secure plan is not available and that's why no options appear?

How does Arlo determine this, is it via IP address?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlopro3jersey wrote:

How does Arlo determine this, is it via IP address?

Not sure, but I suspect it is.

I believe that what matters is where the account is created.  If you go to the UK frequently, you could create a new account there.  Or create a new account using a VPN that terminates in the UK.

You should then onboard the cameras (and base if you use one) to the new account - that doesn't need the VPN.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation