Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 camera shows poor bandwidth

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dallen999
Follower
Follower

I have 3 pro3 cameras outside my home and garage, all with solar panels.  The 2 units furthest away from the base show strong and good bandwidth. The closest camera shows poor bandwidth and will not record or live stream. I have taken it off line, reconnected and the issue still exists. Is this a faulty camera

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

If you move the camera nearer the base station will the signal strength improve?

@dallen999: I suggest swapping the camera with one in another location instead, and see if the problem stays with the camera or stays with the location.

Even though this is the closest camera, there is possibly something on the signal path that is blocking the signal.  Is there anything metal that you know of that is on the path?  For example, pipes or ductwork in the walls, appliances, a concrete wall with rebar, or low-E glass (which has a metal coating).   

If the base is near your router, then see what signal strength/wifi speed you get with your phone when you are at the camera location.  The Ookla speed test app is useful for this.  If you use Android, you can also use a free wifi analyzer tool (there are several available).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

While it could be faulty, just confirm that the battery is charged or swap batteries with another camera.

If you move the camera nearer the base station will the signal strength improve?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

@dallen999: I suggest swapping the camera with one in another location instead, and see if the problem stays with the camera or stays with the location.

Even though this is the closest camera, there is possibly something on the signal path that is blocking the signal.  Is there anything metal that you know of that is on the path?  For example, pipes or ductwork in the walls, appliances, a concrete wall with rebar, or low-E glass (which has a metal coating).   

If the base is near your router, then see what signal strength/wifi speed you get with your phone when you are at the camera location.  The Ookla speed test app is useful for this.  If you use Android, you can also use a free wifi analyzer tool (there are several available).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation