Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EmJr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a shiny new VMS4240P Pro 3 kit.

I want to switch off notifications for one camera without disabling motion sensing or recording, and without disabling notifications from the 2nd camera, but it seems to be an all-or-nothing setting.

The situation is that one camera is being used to provide security coverage of the driveway, and the other is (currently) being used to capture the activities of foster animals. I would like to be notified when someone approaches the house, but I don't need to know immediately every time Fluffy wants a drink of water.

Is there any way to selectively select which cameras can generate push notifications? I do want motion activated recordings from both cameras, so setting a deactivation schedule won't work for my purposes.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EmJr wrote:

I want to switch off notifications for one camera without disabling motion sensing or recording, and without disabling notifications from the 2nd camera, but it seems to be an all-or-nothing setting.

If you look into the ARMED mode, you'll see that you can turn off the notifications there for specific cameras.  You can set it up so that you still get the recordings.   https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

You can create custom modes that do this also, and build a schedule that uses different modes at different times.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EmJr wrote:

If you look into the ARMED mode, you'll see that you can turn off the notifications there for specific cameras.  You can set it up so that you still get the recordings.   https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

You can create custom modes that do this also, and build a schedule that uses different modes at different times.

EmJr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I'm now completely unsure how I managed to miss that the first time I tried.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation