Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 issue with base?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Grafixx01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ever since this last software update, I am routinely resetting my base station because the cameras stop being able to connect to it. Anyone else have this problem?

And I mean, me restarting has become 3 or 4 times every single day.
14 REPLIES 14
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have the Pro3 and have not experienced this.

When you say reset the base - how are you doing this? Removing power for a few seconds and then powering up again often sorts out these issues.

If that does not work then thing I would try is remove the battery from the camera for a few seconds then replace the battery forcing the camera to reconnect.

If that still does not work then use Remove Device to uninstall the camera and re-install from scratch. 

Grafixx01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done everything with the exception of removing the device from my profile. This is ALL of the 8 cameras that I have doing this. I'll have to restart the device either by unplugging the electric and also by unplugging the RJ45 cable. Then I may get 1 of 8, possibly 2 of 8, cameras to come up, however, I constantly have to reboot the base for the rest to come up. 

This is starting to seriously me off, just FYI. I switched from Lorex to Arlo because of this similar issue.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

How close is the base to the router to which it is attached?

Sometimes the signals from the router can interfere with the base.

If they are close to each other, try  and use a longer ethernet cable to get some distance between the router and the base.

Sometimes even a few feet can make a difference.

Grafixx01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its sitting on the same shelf so it's only like 6-9" with a 3' cable. I was going to try to move it to another area of the house and connect it to another router. That was all I could think of.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

You could even try and just unwind the 3' cable to get maximum spacing between the two.

If you do move it to another router also make sure to get some separation between the two.

Let us know how it goes.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Grafixx01  When I first set it up I had interference problems and move the Hub about 5 feet away and solved it as @Streak2 suggests. 

Discostew66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras. In the past month, two of them have stopped connecting to the base station. This is even after removing them and re-adding them, several times! Rebooting the base station makes no difference! If this issue is not resolved asap, I’ll be switching to a new product!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which base station? Have you tried a different drive?

Discostew66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have one base station. Only one of the three cameras now work!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But WHAT base station? What exactly have you tried and what do you see?

Discostew66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base Station: VMB4540r2

I’ve removed, and re-added, the affected cameras multiple times. I’ve restarted the base station multiple times. I’ve removed the camera batteries multiple times. Every time the cameras fail to connect to the base station.

Both cameras have stopped working in the past month. Did Arlo release a faulty firmware update?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you compared your hub and working camera's firmware versions to what's listed in the Firmware Release Notes section here? The last hub update was late November and the last Pro 3 update was mid-October.

You may need to remove all devices and start fresh to get things working.

Discostew66
Aspirant
Aspirant
All three cameras and the base station were removed from the app. The connection issue remains!
Grafixx01
Aspirant
Aspirant

It still does it. I moved the base station and reconnected all the cameras. Still will go 'offline' and I can't restart it or anything. Constantly having to close and reopen the application on my iPhone AND Android to do it eventually.

Arlo is starting to be like Roku and not give attention to issues and deny that it was them but the last time ALL 8 of my cameras worked flawlessly was prior to this recent update.

I dumped Lorex cameras for Arlo. Now I'm probably going to have to go back to Lorex but wired because of this junk.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation