Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ajvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is my first post here and I'm not a technical person so I apologise in advance.  

My Arlo Pro 3 was bought online from John Lewis and delivered yesterday.  I spent all yesterday evening setting up the hub and getting my phone to recognise it, which took me ages .  I've come home after being out today to try and put the cameras up and there's only one wall mount and screw kit in the box.  How can there be one missing when the box was sealed and all was neatly packed inside?  I don't want to take the hub and everything apart and take it back to JL - what a palaver.  Or do I contact Arlo?  I don't feel that they will believe me anyway as the chance of something being missing out of the box must be a million to one.  Please can anyone help?

13 REPLIES 13
dcfox1
Master
Master

@ajvp  How many Pro3's cameras were in the box? 

ajvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

There were two cameras. 

Thank you for replying

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ajvp    Did you get a magnetic mount also?  On my 3 pack I got  2 magnetic mounts and one wall screw mount. So you should have received one of each. In your case they don't include two of each. 

ajvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got one mount with an arm to it and a screw on the end, and one quite heavy block with a soft indented end which looks like it might peel off.  The contents on the box says: (2) wall mounts and screw kits

ajvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm so sorry dcfox and everyone if I'm being completely stupid.  I'm very grateful for your help

dcfox1
Master
Master

No problem alot of were lost when we first got them. Yea that's the magnetic wall mount with the indent you described once you mount that the bottom of the cam it connects magnetically . You should also have screws for that it the screw bag. You could order the other wall mount you have if you need that one for the 2nd cam. Not sure why arlo does that but they do. 

ajvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I'm very grateful to you for taking the trouble to reply.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Seems like a common misconception to expect both types of mounts for each camera, rather than enough mounts for your cameras.

Missing mount - Arlo Community

Arlo needs to make it clearer in the documentation that it is a "one of each" thing. But it is a bit cheapskate to stint on something like that for expensive cameras. 

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ajvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it all working only to find this morning that my "session timed out" overnight.

Not overly impressed with Arlo so far having paid a considerable amount of money for what I thought was one of the best.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ajvp wrote:

I got it all working only to find this morning that my "session timed out" overnight.

You don't say what you were doing to get that message, but if you went to bed and left the thing in "streaming" mode on some device or other, then it will time out. Arlo isn't a 24-hour CCTV system.

It is probably a good thing that it did time out. Otherwise your batteries would expire very quickly.

This is all surmise on my party. Sadly, "it doesn't work" messages are little help when trying to diagnose what happened.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jr5289
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same problem of a bracket missing. After getting frustrated by talking with arlo support for almost 30 minutes, I called Costco who I bought the base station, 5 cameras, 5 solar panels from. They conferenced arlo support in on the call, but got a similar run-around, so they credited what a mounting bracket cost on amazon and I got what I needed, no thanks to arlo. Costco definitely exhibited a higher level of customer satisfaction. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ajvp  Like @michaelkenward  said it could be that and we need details. I also get it on web portal after a amount of  inactive time and just have to log back in in. What are you using the app or web. Either way that does not effect the cameras from working. 

Here is the pro3 manual that might help.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlopro3/Arlo_Pro3_UM.pdf

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation