Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision Lost

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For what ever reason around 2am this morning I lost my night vision on one of my pro 3 cameras. It worked good up until then. It also still works good during daylight hours. Just wondering if anyone else has had this to happen? If so what was the remedy to fix it? I checked the night vision settings for this camera and also toggled it on and off a couple of times but it will be tonight before I know if it's working or not. I could take it down and move it to a dark room to check but right now I can wait. I also do not use the spot light with my cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update...… For what ever reason the camera is back to working as it was. Not sure what happened or why. I will post back it it happens again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update...… For what ever reason the camera is back to working as it was. Not sure what happened or why. I will post back it it happens again.

AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
@K80Shooter wrote:

For what ever reason around 2am this morning I lost my night vision on one of my pro 3 cameras. It worked good up until then. It also still works good during daylight hours. Just wondering if anyone else has had this to happen? If so what was the remedy to fix it? I checked the night vision settings for this camera and also toggled it on and off a couple of times but it will be tonight before I know if it's working or not. I could take it down and move it to a dark room to check but right now I can wait. I also do not use the spot light with my cameras.

I noticed the same issue this morning.  My Pro 3 in my garage recorded a video with no IR LED lights on.  The camera is plugged in and always has the LEDs on with night vision.  3:16 AM for me.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@AncientGeek 

I did notice that some kind of updates were done last night. Not sure if that is what might have caused this or not.

Try toggling it on and off a few times then wait to see how it does tonight. Report back if it still has issues or if it's back to normal.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea there was a firmware update overnight, now last four are 29a0.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I toggled the camera on and off and restarted the base station.  I’ll have to check all of the cameras on that base to see if the LEDs are off on all of them.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ive had this many times since march when I purchased these, I have to turn them on and off to fix everytime, just one of many flaws
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
That worked for me also.

It is interesting that I’ve seen this behavior with my low-end Axis cameras also. Not just Arlo.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation