Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
King-Jay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a pro 3 camera that is Connected to the base station that can also work with the pro 2, when I first got my pro 3 it can with a free 3 month trial of one of those plans and it would record perfectly fine , now the trial has ran out and it seams to not be recording anymore, and I have tried everything.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a plan, the camera would only record to local storage on the base/hub. Have you tried that? The apps now support viewing local recordings to help get around this.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a plan, the camera would only record to local storage on the base/hub. Have you tried that? The apps now support viewing local recordings to help get around this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@King-Jay wrote:
I have a pro 3 camera that is Connected to the base station that can also work with the pro 2, when I first got my pro 3 it can with a free 3 month trial of one of those plans and it would record perfectly fine , now the trial has ran out and it seams to not be recording anymore, and I have tried everything.

You need a subscription to get cloud recording for the Pro3 and Ultra cameras.

If you have a Pro3 or Ultra base (VMB4540 or VMB5000), you can use local storage for free.  But that isn't available on the older bases.

King-Jay
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s the thing I can’t see my local storage for that camera in the app, I see my other cameras which are pro 2 but that one is not showing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@King-Jay wrote:
That’s the thing I can’t see my local storage for that camera in the app, I see my other cameras which are pro 2 but that one is not showing

Did you follow this guide: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

CedarStorage
Tutor
Tutor

I can't see my camera's recording anymore on my app. I shouldn't have to pay for it when I couldn't have bought Arlo 2 pro cheaper and not have to pay. Does anyone know what I can do to record my camera's because it's for a business? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CedarStorage wrote:

I can't see my camera's recording anymore on my app. I shouldn't have to pay for it when I couldn't have bought Arlo 2 pro cheaper and not have to pay. Does anyone know what I can do to record my camera's because it's for a business? 

What camera and base do you have?

CedarStorage
Tutor
Tutor

I have Arlo 3 my base is VMB4540

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CedarStorage wrote:

I have Arlo 3 my base is VMB4540

Then your options are to purchase a subscription, or to use direct access to local storage.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

ClauM
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras are not recording. What should I do
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ClauM,

Are you seeing an error message on the camera widget? What mode are you using (default "Armed" mode or a custom mode)? Any other details you can provide?

JamesC

CedarStorage
Tutor
Tutor

No I never had a error they wanted us to pay for the cloud but I found out I can go through my smart hub to see the recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation