Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 39 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
0m3n
Follower
Follower

One of my Pro 3 cameras stopped recording videos to local storage upon motion events. I have the 4540 Smart Base model. I've had my setup operating for more than 1 year and knowledgeable/comfortable with the many of the nuances of using Arlo without their subscription.  My other two cameras are recording video normally and I have not changed the configuration before the issue. (In total, I have two Pro-3 cameras and one Ultra-2.)

On the problematic camera, I get the motion alert, but no video is in the (base) library. I've looked at the local drive and there are no videos today for the camera. (There are videos for the other two cameras, however.) I have tried restarting the base unit and the camera (both soft on/off and take out the battery for ~10 minutes.) I have reviewed the camera settings and the arming rules and haven't seen anything unusual or different from my other cameras.

I appreciate in advance any troubleshooting or fix guidance you may be able to offer.

Damon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fahadx
Apprentice
Apprentice

The new SmartHub software update released by the company yesterday has stopped local recording

There is no solution yet and the company does not know what the problem is

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.20.4.0_1367_38740e8 - 12 December 2022

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-SmartHub-VMB5000-1-20-4-0-1367-38740e8-12-...

look here

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra-2/VMB5000-no-longer-recording-locally-as-of-last-night/m-p/...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
fahadx
Apprentice
Apprentice

The new SmartHub software update released by the company yesterday has stopped local recording

There is no solution yet and the company does not know what the problem is

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.20.4.0_1367_38740e8 - 12 December 2022

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-SmartHub-VMB5000-1-20-4-0-1367-38740e8-12-...

look here

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra-2/VMB5000-no-longer-recording-locally-as-of-last-night/m-p/...

Dxm4145
Tutor
Tutor

I got ahold of a service agent and they told me I now need to have a subscription to save and access recorded videos even though I’m using my own SD card. Dumb!

Andrew777
Initiate
Initiate

I have 3 different CCTV from 3 different company.

WHY IS IT THAT ARLO COST MOST EXPENSIVE AND CAUSE MORE PROBLEM.

FIX IT.

COMPANY THAT CHARGES SUBSCRIPTION FEE FOR TALKING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Dilligaf72
Tutor
Tutor

Wow, thanks a lot Arlo! 
what a bunch of rubbish that you have taken away a built in feature and are now requiring us to pay for a feature that enabled us to use these normally. 
shame on you, I will never buy another netgear / Arlo product. 

Rmill44
Initiate
Initiate

When will this update be fixed as it is system is garbage

ed2028
Star
Star

I have exactly the same issue and wasted half a day yesterday and today I saw your post. My cameras stopped recording locally since December 12, the date of the release of this new firmware.

Rmill44
Initiate
Initiate

This recording feature was my reason for buying this system . Is Arlo prepared to refund the cost of the system?

ed2028
Star
Star

@Dxm4145 wrote:

I got ahold of a service agent and they told me I now need to have a subscription to save and access recorded videos even though I’m using my own SD card. Dumb!

They don't have the right to change the terms of usage just like that. The whole system cost 500+ and they sold it saying that you wouldn't need a subscription and you could choose to just save everything offline (on the USB card). I hope it's juste a firmware bug that will get fixed soon.

Anyone from Arlo care to comment?

This is the firmware that made the VMB4540 Hub stop recording locally with Arlo Pro 3 cameras: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-SmartHub-VMB4540-1-20-4-0-1305-38740e8-12-... 

Everything was fine before that.

OLRAYDOBEVITUCE
Initiate
Initiate

My ARLO Pro 3 Stopped recording On December 13th, 2022 @ 2:54am. After hours resetting My ARLO Pro 3 and going thru different Micro SD cards and configurations finding Other ARLO USERS & Patrons having similar incidents after “ARLO UPDATES”.

What a coincidence,

ARLO Sabotaging An ARLO Security NETWORK Just before the holidays should raise eyebrows within HOMELAND Security & Other Law enforcement agency. 
Vulnerability is a **bleep**! especially when Ones needs visualization/ Protection.

This is how “ARLO” gets clients to pay for subscriptions, just before the holidays. 

Leobon
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact problem over here. Updated the software and nothing is getting recorded anymore. Is there an eta on their software fix?

fahadx
Apprentice
Apprentice

This heinous act was his opportunity to get acquainted with the eufy camera system, where real 4K video quality and Local Storage up to 16TB, No Monthly Fee
If Arlo does not solve the problem within a week, I will move to the eufy camera system, and I will demand that Amazon refund the money I paid for this greedy system.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 39 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation