Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buyers guide - low temperature environment

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Eriksarlo
Follower
Follower

How Arlo keeps marketing their products as outdoor cameras in areas where the temperature drops below specifications is not cool. Not a single sales representative bothered to tell me that the cameras will not function properly during one quarter of the year. They did however tell me several times how robust, reliable and weather resistant they system was. Market the cameras where the environment will prohibit the from working properly is very misleading and then referring to the fin print as an excuse when it dosent work in that reign is really not cool.

If you live above the north 60th parallel in europ would not recomend using it.

If you do then you will most likely get this massage "Low Temperature. Your device needs to warm up before you can use it."

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo cameras are designed to work in a variety of environments, however, not all environments are suitable based on the Arlo model specifications. You can find more information about operating performance and specifications for each Arlo model here: https://kb.arlo.com/000051490/How-do-I-keep-my-Arlo-batteries-charged-in-cold-weather

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation