Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not reliably detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KAWel
Initiate
Initiate

I often arm and disarm my system and I have been having trouble recently with my cameras not detecting motion. It’s gotten to the point where I have to walk out my front door before I go to bed to be sure that it’s working. I did that last night, and it detected and recorded motion, but when I walked out the front door this morning, it failed to detect motion again. Sometimes I have to disarm it, then arm it again for it to work, but that is not a viable solution. Sadly, this product in becoming more and more unreliable.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have removed and resynced the camera? Have you increased the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? A screenshot of the camera view may also be useful.

KAWel
Initiate
Initiate

I did, and it recorded last night and also this morning when I left the house, but it failed to detect motion and record when I cam back in to the house an hour later.

I have checked the sensitivity and it’s on high.

Frustrating....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KAWel,

The position of the camera could be causing an issue. Take a look here for tips on positioning your camera for best performance: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation