Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Water has gotten inside to the battery

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RetroSafe
Star
Star

It’s like a love and hate relationship with these cameras. I’m paying for Alro Smart and once that free 3 month trial was finished I started having problems. Camera would work fine for a few days and then it would disconnect from the internet. After resyncing the problem camera back to the hub it would work. Then with the solar panels in direct sunlight they don’t hold the charges. I would get notifications about low battery. Lastly one of my cameras stopped working for 2 days then it started working again on its own then it stopped again. I go to check the camera and see that water has got inside to the battery. I thought these cameras were waterproof. I don’t know what to do at this point. 3 out of 4 camera have been working fine as of now. Is there any way I can get a replacement camera?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Water inside the camera almost always points to improper closing of the camera/case and/or a damaged seal. Your other problems may be related to the water issue - hard to say. If you feel it's a hardware problem, you have to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. This user forum can't do anything about hardware.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation