Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 constantly stops recording motion events

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lungchin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an ongoing issue with my Arlo Prop 3 -  and support has been less than helpful 

One of my cameras keeps stopping to record events - even though the base station is super close, and bandwidth is shows strong and my internet connection is ultra fast and stable 

It just stops recording - once i restart base station it works for a few days - and then its stops completely again 

I wonder if this is some caching / memory issue - because it happens to the front camera only - that has way more motion (street facing) vs the entrance cameral - which doesnt have that issue - and yes i have swapped cameras 

I have multiple times contacted arlo support and they either are completely unhelpful or dont reply at all - 

the live chat option also NEVER seems staffed either 

Really regret having shifted from Nest to Arlo 

Anybody run into this same issue ?

6 REPLIES 6
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I think first point of call is going to be to switch off the camera, then remove/uninstall that or all is best camera from the base (make sure you download any videos you need just incase) the unplug the hub for 10 minutes before plugging back in and adding the cameras
Lungchin
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks shaun - have done that many many times 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh ok sorry, ive have had your issue before, these certainly aren't without their faults are they!
Lungchin
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh please no sorry needed - i highly appreciate your input / help - this has been so frustrating - my car got hit twice on our street and each time i had a recording outage period 

dcfox1
Master
Master

A screen shot from the cam of the view could help and here is link you can try on positioning the cam since it is both cameras you have tried. The detection is is the bottom 2/3 of the view. Not sure if that is your problem but it has made a difference here. 

https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Lungchin
Aspirant
Aspirant

yeah definitely not positioning  - when it works it works great - every passerby, every car is recorded - and then it just stops ...cold - to never record anything ever until i restart base station 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation