Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Not recording

Discussion stats
  • 257 Replies
  • 106 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

All mine are all power cord with the exception of one, which is on battery linked to a solar panel. But regardless of that, they are all having issues 😞

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

I tried turning smart off also but it didn't help. I cant even have a activity zones set up because it will not record if I do. Mine is also on a/c power.

I also will never purchase another Arlo item and will make sure to tell anyone that will listen why.

The way we customers are treated and the way the system works is criminal in my opinion.  Arlo knows there's a problem and constantly gives people the runaround.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

10000% agree with you @K80Shooter. I tried everything and literally it misses everything during the night now, and a lot during the day. 

It is definitely Arlo's fault, and something in the back end as so many of us are experiencing this issue. I'm frustrated with the delay response and fixes (nothing gets fixed...). I too will warn others about Arlo. I'm pretty upset about the fact that I paid so much for these cameras, and don't want to re-sell them as other people will have issues. So I'm going to keep them for some time and use them as indoor cameras if I'm ever away from home, and eventually just recycle them. Literally regret wasting this chunk of money for these Arlo cameras, would have rather donated this for a better cause. 

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 @K80Shooter 

Hi, an update for both of you as I know you've experienced the same issues as me. I finally received a response from Arlo, and copied/pasted their response below. Feel free to try this step and see if it helps! I feel like it sort of make sense, but for me, I had a tech come in before to change channels because I had wifi interference, so I'm not sure if this helps. Unless they say I need to put the Arlo base on one channel specifically alone - which I'm not sure is possible? I guess I have to call my Internet provider. Regardless, let me know if it works for you! Random note: I did end up switching security cameras - but left two of my Arlo cameras in place as I wanted to have this issue fixed/liked the light on the cameras as the spots were dark at night.

From Arlo Support:

This is a follow up for your case

We did check the activity of your devices especially the base and it we noticed certain congestion between your network and the base which results to delay response of the base from our server and sometime worst is it won't respond at all, this is why you observe sometimes that you're not getting recording even if there is motion on a specific camera and in some instance you don't get notifications too. There is no problem with your network it's just that there is a wifi congestion/traffic occurring, with this we recommend you to use less congestion wifi channel you have. Please call your provider to use either channels 1, 6 or 11 for they are the common less congested channel.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day!

Arlo Support

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

@Kaynadian 

Thanks for the update. As I live in a very rural area I'm not sure if this can be done but will check into it.

I can report that after the latest hub update that mine have been somewhat better. I have not noticed anything missing as of yet but will keep looking.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Update:

I had called my internet provider, who confirmed that it shouldn't be the internet issue as I am on a channel with the least amount of interference. As a result, I checked in with Arlo again, and they are suggesting to replace my base. I have asked them to send me one with a shipping label, and once I receive the new one I will send back the old. We will see if that helps, but I expect it is going to take some time as Christmas shopping is happening now so parcels are being delayed.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Good luck, I have completely given up on arlo.

I'll just suffer through with these till I decide on something else. They are worthless for me.

I expect a class action some day but then only the lawyers will win.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

I feel you. That's how I felt and still feel, which is why I ended up switching most of my cameras to a different companies. I switched to my internet provider who also provides home security cameras for a higher price (slightly). I couldn't tolerate the amount of missed notifications/recordings and slow responses. I only have two Arlo Cameras that I left in place as a backup sort of use (and also for the light), and just to see if there is any chance I can fix the issue. 

When my internet provider came in to set up my new cameras and told me I may want to try moving my Arlo base to another spot for better connection (right now it's in the basement), they said that may be a reason too. I'm going to try that when I get my new base. If I have any luck I'll let you know so you can try! 

Discussion stats
  • 257 Replies
  • 106 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation