Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Cummon Arlo , both me and my father having the same issue yesterday and today in the UK, getting loads of notifications but random cameras actually not recording.
We have both restarted hubs with no change.
These are not cheap cameras and i feel like I've purchased cheap!
300 REPLIES 300
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

I noticed recently, many of my notifications are now not recording or notifying. Have an Arlo case open and planning to push to get this resolved. If I get it resolved, I'll let you know!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ok thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Anyone having issues with their recordings this morning? Initially, I had an issue with my cameras just detecting but not notifying me/recording, and still waiting for an Arlo Support to get back to me as I finally got the issue escalated. 

But this morning, my cameras just missed motion (decided that it wasn't going to detect) as the screenshot of the camera on the App didn't make any changes or anything. 

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Before, my main issue was that the camera was detecting motion, but I didn't always get notifications/recording, thus my open case. But this morning it was not detecting period. I noticed my cameras didn't change images of on the App when I walked by and the motion didn't light up. It worked a few times then stopped... if that makes sense?! Seriously feel like I'm a Arlo tester rather than a buyer.  

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I feel your pain, since my smart has been of , couple of weeks now I've had no issues sorry.
Well apart from smart doesn't work !
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you! I think I'll try turning off Smart until I hear back from Arlo. I kept it on as I wanted to see if anything changes. 

It's ultra disappointing that Smart is an issue considering we have to pay for the service!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh yeah definitely, don't get me wrong I'm furious that I'm paying for a half service!!!
But they don't seem to be bothered enough or intelligent enough to even acknowledge the issue let alone fix it!
So if I want to record it seems my only option.
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Exactly!! I seriously thought that I was paying a premium price for premium cameras. But that's not the case. Last week I went through 3-4 agents before they were willing to escalate my case (only after I basically demanded it because I tried everything they asked). I asked JamesC to get my case a follow up this morning, as I was told I'd get a call within 24-48 hours and it's been almost a week. Disappointing! Feel like Arlo is just testing my EQ. Pretty upset to the point I'm not going to let this go and determined to get Arlo to fix it! 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No keep pushing, I will aswell just got a busy period at home at the moment so time spent elsewhere.
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Yup, will definitely keep pushing! No worries, we all have our busy times (probably why a lot of us let it go, which is understandable). I let it stall a few weeks earlier as I had lots for work and also doing a second degree, so put a small hiatus in following up. But now back in action!

Thank you for the quick replies and testing/checking if you have the same issue! It makes it much easier for me to ensure the glitch isn't on my own end and put a stronger stand with the agents.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No worries
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Kaynadian  @Shaun1234 

I've not had any issues of not recording today but I did have one to stop recording Friday night and no matter what I did it wouldn't start back. On this one camera I couldn't even do the live view. Then on Saturday around noon it just started working again.

Oh and remember a few post's back when I questioned the IR staying on all night on two of my cameras, well I've been working with support on this and they are NOT supposed to stay on all night, only when there is motion and then turn off when the motion stops. As of now they have not figured it out. I am waiting on them to also call me back. So if your IR is also staying on all night that's another problem. I've just been reluctant to post it on here with all the other issues going on.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Don't shoot me please if I'm wrong, but...
How can you have 3 second look back if ir isn't permanently on?
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Shaun1234 

Shaun, The video is not pitch black cant see anything. You can just barely see then it brightens up when the ir's come on. 3 seconds is not that long of a time. I have one camera that works as it's supposed to and arlo support confirms this, just the other two does not. Just ask support yourself the next time you talk to them or just ask JamesC on here. He and I exchanged pm's several times trying to work this out before going to support. Think of it like this, if the ir's stay on all night long how long will the ir's last before they burn out? Being conservatively say 8 hours a night for 365 day's is 2,920 hours a year. No light lasts forever. It will be after the warranty expires then there will be no other choice but to replace the camera. It's better to be safe now than sorry later. At this rate it wont be with another Arlo, at least for me.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Fair enough, all 3 of mine that are plugged in don't work correctly then, another flaw in the system!
Be interesting to know how other people's are acting and whether theirs are plugged in and on battery power.
I had to unplug one of mine for two weeks at the beginning of August and that then operated as you said, only came on when triggered.
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Also be interested to know if anyone has a CVR plan as I can't see how 24hr recording would work if ir's only come on sometimes?
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just got of the phone with tech support. They are sending me one camera to replace one of the cameras that the ir is staying on all night. When I install it if that one works as it should then they will send me another camera to replace camera #2.

It would be interesting to see what effect the cvr plan has with this. As I said though, I was wanting to wait to see what the fix was before saying anything much on here but they are trying to resolve it. I really think it is much bigger problem than just us.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yeah let us know your findings.
I think the whole system is a mess.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Shaun1234 wrote:
Also be interested to know if anyone has a CVR plan as I can't see how 24hr recording would work if ir's only come on sometimes?

I had CVR on one cam for a little but I can't say if the IR light was always on but the timeline and recordings looked the same as other cams day and night. There were at least two lights on at all times but can't confirm which. One was probably AC power. 

Bluehawaii
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hv 1 camera subscription on the ARLO Pro 3 and have Smart Motion detection on for “Person” and it records everything! It does not just record looking for a person, had to get subscrzso I could see what was recorded, $5 a month! I do not think it is a good deal! My Pro 2 cameras record without subscription and am sorry I bought the Pro 3! It is heavier n it uses up the battery very fast due to it always going off for every little motion and I have it set for very low sensitivity.
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Bluehawaii 

Selecting only person/people only means that you'll be notified when that selection is recorded. It will still record all other movement, just wont notify you when it does.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Bluehawaii wrote:
I hv 1 camera subscription on the ARLO Pro 3 and have Smart Motion detection on for “Person” and it records everything! It does not just record looking for a person, had to get subscrzso I could see what was recorded, $5 a month! I do not think it is a good deal! 

What @K80Shooter  said is right. That is a big misunderstanding about smart. As for $5 all you need is the premier for 2.99 per cam or 9.99 for 5 cams for 2k. 

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

Not sure if you're still having issues! Just an update, but after a prolonged battle to get someone to look at my case, they now said they will send me a replacement base and see if that resolves the issue. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi
I never turned smart back on, I am problem free still with it off.
Keep me posted if the new base fixes anything for you
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Sure thing! Will keep you posted.

I may turn my Smart off while I wait for the new base as the issues have been just getting worse (more and more things missed) - but part of me was hoping they would fix it so I left it on, but it's driving me crazy!

Discussion stats