Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kevinm88
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having an issue lately where the cameras connected to the hub aren't saving any videos to the cloud. I get motion notifications, but nothing recorded.

I have my doorbell and pro 3 cameras set to participate in the subscription section of my account, but only the doorbell is recording anything. I've tried rebooting the hub, but still nothing. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
dcfox1
Master
Master

Has your 3 month trial on the Pro3 cams expired by chance, you still would get notifications.  Also are the recordings on the Hub that are missing on the cloud? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kevinm88,

Try toggling Arlo Smart on and off by moving the camera to no plan and then back to your Arlo Smart subscription. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

EELinneman
Initiate
Initiate

I am experiencing this also.  And, to clarify, no, not on the 3 month trial, fully paid plan.  This has happened 3 times now and I'm tired of the crap steps of removing camera and adding them again.  Netgear, fix your problem and stop blaming your customers.  Multiple people are experiencing this and all have the same issues.  Again, fix the problem.

kevinm88
Tutor
Tutor

Nope, I've been subscribing for almost a year now, it just happened recently and i'm not sure why only the doorbells are recording and not the other cameras

NE1SON
Guide
Guide

This seems to be an issue that started in December-ish with Arlo.  It is clearly a system wide Arlo issue, but they haven't provided resolution.  We have been missing recordings since December, completed all troubleshooting steps requested and still no resolution.  You can see here on the community pages and other pages there is a significant issue impacting many if not all users.  Hopefully Arlo will post the issue, impacts, and resolution soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EELinneman, kevinm88

If you remove and resync the impacted cameras, does this resolve the issue?

JamesC

JG_WA
Tutor
Tutor

Are you having other issues? Mine is doing this, but it's also not refreshing/reloading on the app landing page. I'm only having this issue with one of my three cameras, but that one is experiencing both issues. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JG_WA,

Did the trial or subscription for that one camera expire?

JamesC

JG_WA
Tutor
Tutor

No. It's saving videos sometimes, but less than 50% of the time. That's why it feels like a glitch to me. 

JG_WA
Tutor
Tutor

It also seems to work better in daylight than at night 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation