Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Veedems
Guide
Guide
I had this issue and wound up having the specific camera replaced and am still experiencing the problem.

My only AC powered camera, after a week or two, will stop detecting motion (and recording) until I click in to live view, which seems to re-activate it.

Reading on this forum, it seems as though others are having the same issue when connected to power and (possibly) the solar panel.

Clearly the units are going into some kind of “charging” mode and turning off motion detection.

Is there any hope of a firmware update to correct the issue? I was an avid Pro 2 user and have upgraded to the Pro 3 hardware. All of my battery only cameras work fine, but the one that is plugged in (with official Arlo outdoor cable) is still having this issue after swapping. I don’t need to do any more tests or resets. It’s clearly an issue when the camera is plugged in and others are seeing it as well.

Can we get some kind of word about a fix or acknowledgment of the issue?
7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

FWIW I have one on solar and no problem but can't comment on outdoor AC as I have one inside with the charger cable. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had this issue when using a non genuine arlo plug and lead, it did produce enough volts so over a period of time the camera would get confused, these need a ateady power when plugged in as they are permanently recording the 3 second look back feature. I ending out just using the charger plug.
Obviously if you are already using genuine power source this wont help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Veedems,

The next time you experience this issue, please record the date/time you noticed it along with a screenshot of your library showing the time stamp of the last successful recording. I will escalate this info to the dev team for analysis.

JamesC

Veedems
Guide
Guide
Will do
Veedems
Guide
Guide
It happened over night. It’s currently 8:31am EDT and there have been no recordings for over 4 hours. My street is busy during the morning hours and nothing is being recorded. I went out and stood in front of the camera and still nothing.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Veedems,

Thank you for the time stamp. The development team is actively investigating this. Please continue to let me know if the issue is still happening.

JamesC

Veedems
Guide
Guide
Happened again on 4/24 at 8:05pm.

I didn’t realize it until 8:13am this morning.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation