Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Stevie1471
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo Pro 3 2X camera and hub set in August 2020 and set up my subscription for both cameras with my debit card and had no issues.  My debit card expired in November 2020 and all my details remained the same on the card except for the expiry date and the security number which I tried to update on the Arlo app however I kept getting the error "invalid zip code"  One of my cameras dropped off the system for some reason so I created a case number with Arlo for both the camera issue and the zip code issue.  The camera issue was easily resolved however I still cannot update my zip code (UK postcode) therefore I have had no subscription since December 2020.  I have changed the postcode format to every variation possible to try to get the software to accept it, even my original format that was accepted at the beginning.  I have been asked to send reams of information to Arlo which I have done.  I have sent numerous log files,  screenshots, version data for android and Windows as well as the Arlo software reinstalls on both mobile and Laptop with no resolution. I was also informed by one representative that I could not subscribe unless I had a credit card.  I only have ever had a debit card and my subscription was initiated with that.  The representative then put me on hold and later apologised but admitted he did not understand how this had happened.  An Arlo representative stated that he would pass my case on to the relevant team after weeks of correspondence and I heard nothing more until today.  I today have received an email from Arlo stating that if I did not pay my subscription they would delete all footage stored in my library.  This would effectively render my £600 Arlo system as useless as a chocolate ash tray.  If anyone has any constructive advice I would be glad to hear from them otherwise I will regrettably but certainly be returning my Arlo system for a refund.  Thanks for any constructive advice or help in advance.

Stephen

11 REPLIES 11
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi im in the uk and use a debit card so that shouldn't be an issue.
Have you tried using another address, a relatives? Just to see what happens
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I do remember having to make sure my o and 0 was correct and space or no space etc, but i see youve done that
Stevie1471
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea I tried every conceivable option even while the Arlo representative was on the phone.
Stevie1471
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shaun I did however the address has to correlate with the bank details and address, but thanks
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ah ok
In the meantime maybe use a memory stick? Thats all i use now as the subscription always misses stuff for me
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Also i did have a quick google regarding NEW BANK CARD INVALID ZIP CODE, sounds like a common problem people can have. Not with arlo just generally
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stevie1471,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Do you have a ticket number I can reference to take a closer look at your support case?

JamesC

Teesea
Guide
Guide
Attempting to input credit card details to pay for Arlo Smart subscription but it rejects my UK postcode BT22 2SY so I can’t set up the plan. Help please!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Teesea,

Please contact the Arlo support team and open a ticket regarding this issue: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Dan58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently this problem has not yet been resolved. 

I am having the same error for Canadian Postal Code. 

The web forms problems should be relative trivial to solve - it seems to be taking too much time for the Arlo team.

I have logged the issue to Arlo support and the case number is #42675033.

Let me hope someone will react, so I can start giving you 20 $/month, otherwise I will be forced swallow the dollar lost of buying Arlo and move to Eufy that by the way does not require any subscription.

Dan58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hallelujah... a peculiar option with a space instead of "-" between the group of 3 characters did actually work for me.

Perhaps, a form update should be done to advise what the proper format is, or even better (an advance version) to have the format automatically adjusted based on the content.

Anyways this is the end of my frustration, at least for now.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation