Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 3.PNG

Shine Like a Pro.

Keep an eye on your home or business day and night with Arlo Pro 3. Easily install in minutes, and view video directly from your phone.

For more information about your Arlo Pro 3 System, and some other helpful resources, check out the links below:

Arlo Knowledge Base

YouTube

If you have any questions about the Arlo Pro 3 system, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Buy your Arlo Pro 3 System now at Best Buy!

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

40 REPLIES 40
Bskit88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased 10 days ago. 

I have lost connectivity to smart hub every day. All 3 cameras are within 100 feet of base. 2 have zero walls blocking it. All 3 stop connecting at same time. 
My smart hub is connected straight to my main supply router. I have great internet speed. Up and down .
I have changed cables. I have reset system completely . 

What else can I try?

Also, all batteries are needing to be charged every 2.5 days. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bskit88,

Battery drain is often a result of lost connectivity when experiencing symptoms like you describe. What does the signal strength icon show when the cameras are online?

You might try moving your SmartHub away from your router, if it's close, the router could be interfering with connectivity between the SmartHub and cameras.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Bskit88 wrote:

I have lost connectivity to smart hub every day. All 3 cameras are within 100 feet of base. 2 have zero walls blocking it. All 3 stop connecting at same time. 

Regardless of the marketing hype, 100 feet (30 metres) may be pushing limits.

Can you experiment with shorter distances?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Bskit88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James for the response.

My signal strength icon is full on all 3 cameras when working. 

My smart hub was about 3 feet from router. Now, I have stretched cable to the limit and it is about 10 feet from router. 

Do you think 10 feet is sufficient or get a longer rj-45 cable? 

I will try it like that and let you know. 

Bskit88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

2 cameras are at 16 feet now and farthest is at 35 feet. 

And my  base is 10 feet away from router. Will give that a try. 

Bskit88
Aspirant
Aspirant
So far your solutions have worked.
Thank you
Hobief
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received my Arlo pro 3 cameras over 3 months ago. One camera would not work. I stayed on the phone with support for over an hour. They told me I had a faulty sensor and that they would send me a replacement when they get some more Arlo 3 in stock. It has been over 4 months and I still haven’t received what I paid for. They keep telling me that they are out of stock but I see that the Arlo 3 cameras are being currently sold. I am not sure who I need to speak to because the support team keeps giving me and excuse that they are not in stock. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I'm in the UK, every shop has to give a 1 year warranty, I would just take them back for a refund, then buy again if you still want them
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Shaun1234 wrote:
I'm in the UK, every shop has to give a 1 year warranty

Until we finally leave the EU, it is more like two years minimum, sometimes six. It depends on what you bought.

One year is what the manufacturers try to get away with. They are wrong.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Either way it's only been 4 months so I would use the shop warranty to get this delt with and just swap for another set
dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure if this is relevant to but up until September I was getting all recordings no matter if on or off in smart to cloud  but no notifications for those off. Now I just get the recordings for those selected on cloud but the others are on the Hub. I have seen conflicting post on which way it is suppose to work for cloud but that's how it works for me now. 

PanigaleV2
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you setup if you don't have a router to plug into? I only have wireless.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hiw do you have wifi without a router?
Sorry you need a router as the hub isnt wireless
PanigaleV2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a hotspot. I live in a rural area and internet access is limited to a few options.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh ok, then you need the new arlo essentials camera thst doesnt use a hub
dcfox1
Master
Master

Also the Pro 4 cam connects to wifi without a Hub and is like the Pro3 that needs the Hub. Make sure you have enough upload speed using a Hot Spot. 

Discussion stats