Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Pro 3 - FAQ & Resources

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro 3.PNG

Shine Like a Pro.

Keep an eye on your home or business day and night with Arlo Pro 3. Easily install in minutes, and view video directly from your phone.

For more information about your Arlo Pro 3 System, and some other helpful resources, check out the links below:

Arlo Knowledge Base

YouTube

If you have any questions about the Arlo Pro 3 system, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Buy your Arlo Pro 3 System now at Best Buy!

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

40 REPLIES 40
SamuelNewton
Aspirant
Aspirant
WHEN will Arlo Pro 3 in BLACK be released in UK? I’m waiting to purchase as the BLACK edition is shown on Arlo website. ONLY white edition currently available at Amazon.co.uk

Am I wasting my time, waiting to purchase BLACK edition? I WANT TO BUY ARLO PRO 3 SOON!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SamuelNewton,

Keep an eye on arlo.com for availability information. Once the black Pro 3 is available, the website will be updated with information on where to buy.

JamesC

SamuelNewton
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s my concern, James. The UK Arlo website hasn’t been updated to show that WHITE Arlo Pro 3 is even available yet... which it is, from Amazon. It seems one cannot rely on the Arlo website.

I think, what I wish to understand is that: is there a genuine plan to launch black-edition in the UK? Thank you for your first, quick response however.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SamuelNewton,

Currently, Arlo Pro 3 in white is available in UK/Europe on Amazon. We're in the process of updating our websites to reflect the retailers where Pro 3 can be purchased. We do plan to release Pro 3 in black in the UK but I do not have a specific ETA for this.

JamesC

LLH007
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any Arlo trade-in program ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LLH007 wrote:

Is there any Arlo trade-in program ?

Not at present (and I don't think they've ever offered one in the past).

SamuelNewton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see that Pro3 in black has now disappeared from the Arlo website. Is this a suggestion and/or confirmation that the UK will no longer see black released? If not, surely there’s an updated ETA to share?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SamuelNewton wrote:
I see that Pro3 in black has now disappeared from the Arlo website. 

No idea on that.  But I do want to point out that you could alternatively get a third-party black skin (Wasserstein sells one in the UK).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

There was an earlier conversation about this not long ago. My memory is that Arlo isn't going to produce skins, but there are replacement "housings" for Ultra and Pro 3 cameras.

Arlo housingArlo housing

These are on the US website at $24.99.

So you should be able to buy a white camera and replace the housing. But quite when these will land in Europe is anybody's guess. Past experience suggests it could be some time, if ever.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
SamuelNewton
Aspirant
Aspirant
That has helped hugely. Thank you. I missed this post. What about the magnetic wall-mount part, that will not be in black if purchased with camera. Is this also sold separately on US website in black? Also, do you we know that Arlo will ship to UK from US website?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Arlo's supply of bits and pieces has always been a mystery. It is anybody's guess when things will arrive.

This has become even more complicated following the recent announcement that Arlo is throwing in the towel when it comes to supplying Europe directly and has got into bed with someone else.

Arlo | Press Release | Verisure

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
mrxwall
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo app really needs to develop a neighbor incident report section. Sharing video incidents with neighbors is extremely valuable. Very disappointed Arlo doesn’t have this feature. Ring does, why doesn’t Arlo?
RenoUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo Pro 3 Camera work directly with google assistant?  I purchased a 3 camera w/ smart hub set, but only needed 2 cameras for my business.  I would like to use the 3rd camera unit at home if it is possible.

thanks in advance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RenoUser,

The Arlo Pro 3 camera requires a SmartHub/Base Station. It cannot be synced without a SmartHub/Base Station.

JamesC

Durito
Aspirant
Aspirant
Major issue with base station VMB4000 and Arlo Pro3 cam. Not recording. Firm patch was supposed to fix the issue it did not. I’m on patch 1.060.10.18_749_4b65ff8
today is Apr. 19 2020
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Durito,

Arlo Pro 3 cameras require a subscription to Arlo Smart for recordings to be saved to the cloud. Do you have an Arlo Smart subscription?

JamesC

g4rcez
Initiate
Initiate

Any chance Arlo will be introducing a door smart lock?  

Chloe991155
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to Subscribe to Smart Plan. Don't see option for multi-cam plan. Please help, or the system is totally useless to me. 

😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chloe991155,

Arlo Smart subscription plans are not available in all countries. Take a look here for more information on where plans are available: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
@ JamesC
Hi my pro3 system is currently just about useless as a security system, I have been on the forums since I've had them, and many many customers are also having the same issues so I know there is nothing individually wrong with my system and I've tried everything to improve them.
Now these cost me £900 which I feel is a lot of money for a product that isn't fit for purpose and to top it off I've got a message telling me my smart trial is ending unless I pay the subscription.
Now I fully understood I needed a subscription for these to work but I think it's a real cheek to ask for money for a subscription when it doesn't currently work... But if I don't pay I've got nothing working!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shaun1234,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Charles7813
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone else tell me why my original Arlo Pro cameras worked flawlessly, but since upgrading to the Pro 3 less then a month ago they don’t hardly work at all
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charles7813,

What do you mean when you say they don't work. Please provide details of what you're experiencing.

JamesC

Discussion stats