Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone, i'm running into some issue recently with Arlo and its integration with IFTTT, being that manual recording just straight don't work. Not only that through IFTTT, but generally manual recording isn't available in the native arlo app, with 2K local deactivate on my 3 different cameras. Still no sight of the manual recording button for me, no wonder that the IFTTT trigger doesn't work. I've contacted the staff for that, no comment on that sorry to say but they were at best unhelpful and giving me the "contact IFTTT we are not responsible for their integration of bla bla bla..." so if JessicaP pass by would appreciate you just forward this issue to the dev team and they fix their product would be nice sort of paid almost 1k for your product could care to at least not break it since that feature worked before!. 

PS : if anyone else is having the same issue or have a way to fix that gladly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just found this, the function is no longer supported without subscription

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have the normal cloud subscription, if just fired up the live view on mobile app and I cannot see the manual record button anymore, unless I'm missing something
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If just turned off the 2k as I didn't realize that had to be off and now the recording button is present and works my end
BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I know that deactivating the local 2k streaming normally activates the manual recording well not in my case sadly do you have Arlo pro 3 with the same base station as me
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes same pro3 and same base as you, maybe worth uninstalling the app and re installing, hassle I know but I've had to do this before when things are missing
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Also maybe worth seeing if your laptop or PC has the same issue
BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I did uninstall the app already that didn't fix the issue for me and access from a computer I just checked didn't do it still no sign of that record button
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
How strange, I've just attached a screen shot, mines at the bottom, little circle in middle
BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant
As show in my pics you can see that for the outside camera the 2k local is deactivated though the record and snapshot button do no show off
BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Do you pay for Arlo subscription?
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just found this, the function is no longer supported without subscription
BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well you're spot on I don't pay for subscription so yeah I guess that's it disappointing but I guess that was written in the dmca somewhere my bad anyway thanks for your help appreciated 🙂
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No worries 👍
dcfox1
Master
Master

Even with a subscription you can not manual record or snap shot in 2k live mode. A mod posted it was a "hardware restriction" in past threads. 

BastienA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I sort of bypass that with ifttt because I just tried and with my 3 camera and the local 2k streaming activated I can trigger manual recording not within the app but with ifttt and some trigger such as notification or widget button or else
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation