Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Record or Snapshot button

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TimAndo
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I have noticed that I no longer have any option to record or snapshot manually.
This happens on both the Android App and Internet browser (Edge though it does have flash warnings about storages that I cannot acknowledge).

I have turned of local 2k streaming but buttons do not appear either locally or when remote.

My subscription has lapsed but motion recordings go to the smart hub. 

Is there something that needs to be done to get manual recording/snapshot back?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TimAndo,

When manually taking a snapshot or recording video, the content is saved to the cloud. Without a subscription, content cannot be saved to the cloud. This results in the snapshot and manual record features being disabled when no subscription plan is active.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TimAndo,

When manually taking a snapshot or recording video, the content is saved to the cloud. Without a subscription, content cannot be saved to the cloud. This results in the snapshot and manual record features being disabled when no subscription plan is active.

JamesC

TimAndo
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for your response James.
Naturally this is pretty disappointing that we can't manually store locally on our phone or to the hub (even with port forwarded) without a subscription.  This was not made clear to me at purchase, only that smart features and cloud storage would not be available.

Needless to say, I will not be recommending this product when others can do it without subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation