Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow Pro 3 - battery indicators for charging and charged on camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nate99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased and Argo Pro 3 system.  The quick guide says to put in batteries and charge. It doesn’t say how to tell if charging and when charged.  I tried to search the manual.  Nothing.  Search internet and can only find for older models that say a light will turn blue.  I’ve had one plugged in 12 hours and still no blue light.  Anyone know how you tell if currently charging?  Then how to know when charged?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the power connection hasn't actually been made. You should be able to sync the camera with the existing battery condition in most cases so try doing that. You would then be able to see the battery percentage as well as determine if power has been connected (the battery icon would have a lightning bolt across it). 

When first connecting power, the blue LED should briefly flash to let you know power is connected. Does it do that?

nate99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hadn’t hooked up to the base or app. I was trying to follow instructions that it gave 🤷🏻‍♂️... saying you should charge batteries. The blue light came on when plugged in but didn’t stay on.
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had the same issue if I remember, leave one camera plugged in and only start by adding that one to the base, when it shows fully charged then plug the other in and then add that to the base until charged ( man's you can get used to the system aswell whilst charging them up
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@nate99 wrote:
The blue light came on when plugged in but didn’t stay on.

That's right.You now know that charging has started.

The LED  will turn solid blue and stay on when the battery is fully charged. At least, it will unless you have disabled the indicator.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation