Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LisArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have granted my husband access via the settings option and selected all cameras. He receives a email with a link to create a new account or log in. The link opens a new window in which he logs on and selects “approved” for the access. Once logged in on the Arlo app he can not see any of the cameras, it’s blank like mine was before I set all the cameras up. My app is showing his ‘grant access’ is still pending not accepted. We’ve deleted his access many times and retried but it does the same thing again and again. Frustrating!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LisArlo,

I just tested this and had no issues sharing devices and accepting the invitation.

Try doing the whole process on a PC using the arlo web client at https://my.arlo.com/#/login

Send the invitation link (make sure all desired cameras are selected before sending), click the link in the invitation email and log in with the existing account information that you've already created.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LisArlo,

Are you following these instructions:  How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

You must create an account using the link providing in the invitation email. After this has been completed successfully, the pending status will complete in the primary account.

JamesC

LisArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Yes we followed the instructions to the word. 

I added the permission, the email was sent, he clicked on the link and created a new logon. From there he had to verify the email address which was done and then he logged in on the app for the first time. From there there are no cameras and it is still sitting as pending on my end.

We have a few people we know with the cameras and they have experienced the exact same issue. I believe they are using the same master log on for both partner to access their system which is not ideal and not why we purchased Arlo.

We do need this resolved ASAP thanks.

Please investigate this and email me your findings. We have followed the instructions perfectly and the fault lands with the Arlo system

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lisa
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LisArlo,

I just tested this and had no issues sharing devices and accepting the invitation.

Try doing the whole process on a PC using the arlo web client at https://my.arlo.com/#/login

Send the invitation link (make sure all desired cameras are selected before sending), click the link in the invitation email and log in with the existing account information that you've already created.

JamesC

LisArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James, I used my work PC and created a new log on and it worked. May I suggest the online instructions are amended to include that those steps may need to be completed on a PC not a device.

Most families no longer have a PC in their homes, perhaps Arlo may consider upgrading this system to avoid future issues. Thanks for your help!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation