Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ejcotilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  Anyone know how to determine what wifi network your Arlo system is connected to ?  I have a smart hub/4 cameras and wired doorbell  but can’t seem to get the doorbell to connect to the wifi. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ejcotilla wrote:

Hello.  Anyone know how to determine what wifi network your Arlo system is connected to ?  I have a smart hub/4 cameras and wired doorbell  but can’t seem to get the doorbell to connect to the wifi. Thanks 

The smarthub isn't connected to your wifi network, it is connected with ethernet.  

Can you explain a bit more on where in the installation process the onboarding of the doorbell fails?

Also, are you trying to connect it to the smarthub, or are you trying to connect it to your home wifi?

Ejcotilla
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply.  The doorbell worked for a few years and just recently stopped. The bell still rings but the video does not.  When I tried to reset/add the doorbell it would not work/recognize  when trying to scan the QR code.  

I am not sure if the doorbell was previously connected to the wifi or the hub.  I would want to connect it to which ever is the best option.  Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks 
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ejcotilla wrote:
I am not sure if the doorbell was previously connected to the wifi or the hub.  I would want to connect it to which ever is the best option.  

If you don't have a subscription, then it is best to connect it to the smarthub.

If you do have a subscription, then connecting it to the smarthub would enable local storage as well as cloud storage.  Signal strength is another consideration - if you have an android phone you can install one of several free wifi analyzer apps, and see how the Arlo (smarthub) wifi signal strength compares with your home wifi when you are near the doorbell.

@Ejcotilla wrote:
 When I tried to reset/add the doorbell it would not work/recognize  when trying to scan the QR code.  

Not uncommon, and very frustrating.  If you can disable 5 ghz wifi in your router, then try doing that.  Of course make sure your phone is connected to your home wifi.

Unfortunately in your case, there is also the possibility that the doorbell failed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation