Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 no subscription. Lost cameras on app and reinstalled now now video be saved to library

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Willow846
Aspirant
Aspirant

Owned the Pro 3 for about 3 years with no subscriptions.  While on vacation lost cameras from arlo app.  When I got home I reinstalled.  Now no videos are being saved to library although I get motion detection notifications.  Would appreciate any suggestions...thx

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The pro 3 requires an Arlo Secure subscription to save recordings to the cloud. 

Willow846
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back to me Shane.  I was under the impression that a limited number of videos could be saved to the cloud (like videos from 1 camera for a few days).  Up until I lost the cameras completely videos were being saved.  At any rate, I have the Arlo Base VMB4530r2 and inserted a flash drive but that didn't work but I think that the drive may be the problem although  it has been formatted my app says it is "ready".  I'm going to buy a new flash drive and see if that helps.

Getting back to needing a subscription, so " nothing" can be save to the cloud without a subscription.  Is that correct? If the answer is yes then I will proceed to buy a new flash and install.  I'll get back to you if I have a problem....Thx much Wil

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Willow846 wrote:

Getting back to needing a subscription, so " nothing" can be save to the cloud without a subscription.  Is that correct? 

That is correct for the Pro 3.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is the link to the subscriptions page that has a bit more info regarding the available features per subscription: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Willow846
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have contacted google wifi to help me set up port forwarding and they informed Arlo would have to let me know what port number or port range I should use in the setup.  Also, they said I would need to know if I should use "TCP" or "UDP" protocol... Can you supply me with that info or tell me where I can find that out?...Thx

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation