Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

H3 camera connection to hub fails/is spotty past 50 feet after the most recent firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BenkartJKB
Follower
Follower

I previously last updated the firmware in the fall of 2019. Can I downgrade the firmware to a version from that time frame? Three camera's working fine (20 Feet, 200 ft, 1000 ft away from the base station) the night before. Brought them in to update the firmware, they all now have the same problem. Spotty connection 50 feet away, not connecting at all if I go any further, No connection at all at 1000 feet, though that worked fine up until the firmware update.

All line of site. I moved the base station away from router, effect was a marginal improvement - I can now connect with a lot of noise to the 200 foot camera.

Unfortunately I tested the firmware update on the close camera first, rather than the furthest camera. Big mistake, I broke them all.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BenkartJKB,

1000 feet is much too far from the Base Station/SmartHub to maintain connectivity. If you have physical obstructions between the SmartHub/Base Station and your camera, you will likely experience issues with connectivity at 200 feet. Given the distances involved, you may want to consider adding an addition SmartHub/Base Station and locating it closer to where these cameras are placed to be sure they have quality signal strength.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation