Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Archiviazione locale Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JuuxOh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ciao a tutti.

Ho un problema con l'archiviazione locale della mia base VMB4540r2.

Appena riavvio la base il disco viene visto, puo' essere formattato e se faccio partire un evento (passando davanti alla camera) viene correttamente registrato.

Quando pero' esco e rientro dall'app mi appare il messaggio "Inserisci una unità flash nello SmartHub..." come se nessun disco fosse collegato.

Ho già provato 3 dischi (due dei quali acquistati appositamente!!): WD Red 4TB, Maxtor SSD 1TB e ora Toshiba SSD 1TB, ma il comportamento è sempre lo stesso.

Ho provato sia con l'inoltro porte (che funziona si e no!!)  sia in rete locale.

Nota bene: 

Dal sito web invece  si vede il disco collegato!

USB Device Status: Ready
Available Storage: 931.39 GB of 931.40 GB

Ecco i dati tecnici:

HW Version: VMB4540r2
Firmware: 1.16.1.3_495_1a608c1

Commento personale: trovo frustrante che, per aver preso il modello "piu' nuovo", mi trovo ad avere di meno. Chi ha comprato o compra oggi la 2, oltre a spendere di meno, si trova con 1 settimana di archiviazione cloud gratuita. Scemo io?

Certo che vorrei che almeno l'archiviazione locale funzionasse perfettamente.

PS:
L'invio di richieste di assistenza via mail dal form interno non funziona 😞

G.

5 REPLIES 5
JuuxOh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same message in ENG:

Hi, everybody.

I have a problem with the local storage on my VMB4540r2 base.

As soon as I reboot the base I see normally hard **bleep** plugged in, I can format it and if I start an event (passing in front of the Camera) it is correctly recorded.

But when I go out the App and I come back in, I get the message "Insert a flash drive into the SmartHub..." as if no disk was connected.

I have already tried 3 disks (two of them purchased specially for this!!): WD Red 4TB, Maxtor SSD 1TB and now Toshiba SSD 1TB, but I get always the same.

I have tried both port forwarding (which works yes and no!!) and local network access

Please note: 
I can see the connected drive from the website instead!

USB Device Status: Ready
Available Storage: 931.39 GB of 931.40 GB

Here are the technical data
HW Version: VMB4540r2
Firmware: 1.16.1.3_495_1a608c1

Personal comment: I get frustrated, I bought the "newer" model and I have less. Those who bought or buy the today Arlo 2, besides spending less, find themselves with 1 week of free cloud storage. Am I stupid? Of course I wish at least the local storage would work perfectly.

PS:
Sending support requests via email from the internal form doesn't work 😞

G.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried ejecting the SSD drive and connecting it to a PC?  If Windows offers to "repair" it, then let it do that.

JuuxOh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Stephen,

thank you for you support.

Just done, but nothing to do.

I done:

- Restart Arlo Base (in order to see the HD: just after restart is visible, then disappear when I Logout from the App)

- Safely removed the disk

- Connected the HD to my Laptop and got the message. Then "repaired" as suggested.

- Connected the disk again to the base.

And again: just attached, or after a reboot, is visible. Then disappears if I close the App.

G.

JuuxOh
Aspirant
Aspirant

More informations:

with an HD (Not SSD) too, ist the very same.

I seems that, if I keep App open, after few minutes the disk appears. 

In this case App shows Disk Icon, but loses port forwarding options (image Attached).

If I tab "Update ports" a new Port is assigned and I have to reconfigure the Router/Firewall :((

G.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This is puzzling

• the USB drive should show up as connected to the base no matter how the app is connected to the internet.
  • Port forwarding settings shouldn't come and go, depending on how you are connected.

You should probably contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Hopefully one of the mods ( @JamesC ? ) will chime in, and let us know if this is a known issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation