Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When using Arlo app on phone, are recordings still saved if I turn off the phone?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
evaquis
Aspirant
Aspirant

When using the arlo app on the phone, does it still store and save recordings even if I turn off my phone for the night and then turn it back on in the morning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, because it really stores the videos on the cloud not the phone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, because it really stores the videos on the cloud not the phone

Morse is faster than texting!
evaquis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Again thank you for your advice and quick response! Just to reiterate, lets say I put these cameras outside overnight and something happened, I would wake up and see it on the app cloud storage the next day, correct? I know it sounds redundant asking that question, but again very new to this security camera experience and we are just very concerned as we have horrible neighbors and we just want reassurance that once these cameras go outside that they will pick up any movements.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@evaquis wrote:

Again thank you for your advice and quick response! Just to reiterate, lets say I put these cameras outside overnight and something happened, I would wake up and see it on the app cloud storage the next day, correct?

Yes. Because, as @TomMac says, the recordings have nothing to do with your phone.

They are in the cloud. If you set it up, recordings are also stored in a memory USB/card connected to your hub. The app can also get at those recordings.

Think of it like listening to a radio station on your phone. You get the radio from the station's website, not something saved on the phone.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
evaquis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had another quick question about storage and thank you again for the feedback!

My other question was I purchased this and it came with the trial, after the trial, will any videos taken be stored if I don't have an external hardrive. For example, I currently can view the videos in my library but once the subscription is off does that mean I won't be able to see those library videos anymore?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@evaquis wrote:
 once the subscription is off does that mean I won't be able to see those library videos anymore?

Yes, you won't be able to see the library.  So you should make sure you download anything you want to preserve.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation