Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Low Bandwidth

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nrnz66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I've had a Pro 3 set up with 3 cameras since January.  Everything was working fine until the battery ran low in one camera.

I have charged it up but when I have gone to view it it was offline.  I removed and reconnected the camera but now it shows as poor bandwidth and is offline.  I have tried this several times and the camera has run a firmware update but is still offline.   I have restarted the base station plus removed and reinstalled the app on my phone to no effect.  My internet shows 20Mbps upload speed.   The other two cameras are working fine but I'm out of ideas on this third one can someone please help.

Thanks in advance

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location that's the problem. If it's the location, look for something that has changed, possibly a wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz band (not just WiFi) that has been moved to near the camera.

nrnz66
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I had been trying to set the camera up inside next to the base station and took the camera outside and it is now working fine. There is a cordless phone in the room which may the problem in hindsight but I had paired the camera inside before.

Thanks for your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You might want to move the cordless phone away from the base (or vice versa) to help minimize issues of interference. A few feet should be fine.

nrnz66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've moved the phone, the cameras appear to be connecting quicker now.

Thanks again for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation