Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hnguyen8209
Tutor
Tutor

I am not able to grant access despite trying all of the suggestions (adding/removing again and again, creating 4 accounts total to invite, accepting invite on desktop and on mobile). I am running out of ideas. I granted access and I can see that it has been accepted (not pending); yet there are no devices when the friend's account is logged in. Again, I tried this on 4 different emails and all of them do not show any shared devices. I have difference devices and I tried to share/unshare them: Chime, Doorbell, Pro 3 Floodlight, Pro 4. Any other suggestions? 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Everyone using the same version app?

hnguyen8209
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, they should be.  My main account has been using an android. My friend uses an iPhone but we made sure it is the latest version. Tried to add / accept on both phones and also using a web browser on my laptop. I am not able to get any of my cameras shared to friend's account despite the Grant Access STATUS showing ACCEPTED.

weekscorp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Please help.

hnguyen8209
Tutor
Tutor

Do you think thid has something to do with different physical locations ? I have 8 cameras and they are in 3 different physical locations. I noticed that when I put the cameras in the 3rd location, I do not get push notifications (tho I can get email notifications when it detects motion).  Again, I tried to change options but I will not get push notifications even if I see the recordings in the library. Im not sure if it's because I pay for 1 plan but have cameras in different locations and this affects the sharing of devices in some way. I can't think of another reason why i can't share access to cameras. I tried to share diff cameras in diff locations but this did not solve the issue. 

weekscorp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I doubt it. My Arlo cameras are all in the same location. I have successfully granted access to a friend in the past. I think this is a new problem for new shares. Probably something Arlo needs to fix. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@weekscorp wrote:

I doubt it. My Arlo cameras are all in the same location. I have successfully granted access to a friend in the past. I think this is a new problem for new shares. Probably something Arlo needs to fix. 

Have you seen this?

weekscorp
Aspirant
Aspirant

The information in that last link seems to be correct. The app and web interface for my account needed to be updated. I wish that was more clear. My shared cameras now show up in the Android app... Although, it is still not showing in the web interface. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation