Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Patricknj973
Follower
Follower

Has anyone used double sided tape to attach the camera mount to siding?  If so did it work out OK, any tips? What specific double sided tape did you use?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I wouldn't fancy securing a £250 camera with sticky tape!
dcfox1
Master
Master

Agree, Not sure if it will work on siding or how long it would last outside. 

Silverfox335
Aspirant
Aspirant

have the magnet mounts on the outside stuck on with Nano tape got mine from ebay its very good

Destiny25
Initiate
Initiate

I want to mount a cam to the exterior of my townhouse, but property management doesn’t allow us to drill in to the exterior walls/roof. Any recommendations for mounting the camera without using screws?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If I was going to do so, I would use the 3M command strips... I have used them for the Pro cameras for a short bit.

BUT, also I would add a tether to a clip under siding just in case for long term.

As a PS... they do sell clips that are for siding with no holes ; ( search for more )

https://www.amazon.com/Siding-Hanging-Mailbox-Planter-Hanger/dp/B07JVNFKMM/ref=pd_bxgy_2/139-3008218...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Silverfox335
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try this Jeteven Reusable Nano Adhesive Tape, Multipurpose Transparent Double Sided No-Trace Removable Glue Tape,Washable Strong Gel Tape Gel Anti-Slip Adhesive Tape for Carpet,Photos Posters - 16.4ft(5M)

This is what I use your charging cable should help save it if it come’s off I stick it under the magnetic wall mount I stick it on the wall and leave for a day to grip on it works I have one out the back for about three month now

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation